Counselling is a talking therapy that involves a trained and qualified therapist listening to you and assisting in helping you find ways to deal with emotional issues.
We all have a blueprint from which we work from
and these can been seen with looking at how patterns play out in our life. This may be from finding ourselves with the same type of difficult partner time and time again, or keep finding ourselves stuck in the same type of job or situation. If this occurs then it may be time to start to think about the reason behind our decision-making.
Personal therapy provides space for you to discuss your problems and difficult emotions or feelings that you may have in a safe, confidential space. In the simplest of terms it is a process that is all about helping you to find ways to help deal with your personal problems. I aim to help you see things more clearly and sometimes from a different view-point. By assisting with this you can focus of your own feelings, experiences or behaviours that are affecting you with the end of goal of positive change.
Through personal counselling you can learn more about yourself and also gain new skills that you may use in your day to day life. Below are some examples of what you may gain from counselling:
* Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem
* Ability to change self-defeating behaviours/ habits
* Learn how to better express and manage emotions such as anger
* Help find relief from depression, anxiety or other mental health issues
* Build increased confidence and decision making skills
* Learn how to cope with stress more effectively and understand triggers
“Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise”